Waite Specialty Machine Inc. has proudly served Southwest Washington since 1961, when Mearle Waite started Waite Specialty Machine as a home business. In 1967, he purchased the building at 1356 Tennant Way, which was previously a transmission shop. He expanded that building and added a second floor to the back half. The business was incorporated January 27, 1971. Mearle later bought the building and property across the alley at 707 and 709 Commerce Avenue. The original buildings were torn down and new buildings erected. They now house our Steel Sales and our CNC Departments. The original location still currently houses our conventional Machine Shop. The Tennant Way facility occupies over 25 thousand square feet of floor space.
A second facility for fabrication and bearing heater production was constructed in 1983 at 1160 Industrial Way. The bearing heater portion of the business was sold to Reed Electric in 2003. The fabrication department was expanded and now the entire facility caters to the fabrication and steel sales needs of our customers. This location occupies over 50 thousand square feet of floor space.
A third location was erected in 2014. The Washington Way facility occupies over 16 thousand square feet of floor space and will be the future home of our conventional Machine Shop. As our company grows, we are finding ourselves requiring more space to accommodate our customers. Our future plan is to erect new buildings at this location and to move all of our departments to one location.
We employ just shy of 100 employees whom are highly skilled and are the backbone of our company. A high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals. Waite Specialty Machine Inc. is proud to be a family run business for over 50 years. Our employees and customers are what makes us who we are today.